`VHP did not initiate movement for Ram temple`
Indore: The movement for Ram temple at Ayodhya
was started not by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad but the Hindu
community at large which has been fighting for it for the last
450 years, a senior VHP leader said on Thursday.
"If we say the Ram Mandir movement is ours, then it would
amount to an insult to the Hindu society which is fighting for
it for the last 450 years," International General Secretary of
VHP, Champat Rai, told a `Meet the Press` programme here.
"If we say that VHP initiated the Ram Mandir agitation
then we would be disrespecting the whole society but...of
course VHP was one of the organisations which forced the
government to open the lock of Ram mandir at Ayodhya in 1984,"
VHP as one of the parties to the dispute also won the
court case on Ram Mandir, he said, adding but "we should not
sit idle and wait for the government to do something.
Sarkarein hamesha court ke chakkar mein rahanti
hain...sarkarein yehin karna chahati hain" (the government
would like to keep the matter pending before the court).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH