`VHP did not initiate movement for Ram temple`
Indore: The movement for Ram temple at Ayodhya
was started not by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad but the Hindu
community at large which has been fighting for it for the last
450 years, a senior VHP leader said on Thursday.
"If we say the Ram Mandir movement is ours, then it would
amount to an insult to the Hindu society which is fighting for
it for the last 450 years," International General Secretary of
VHP, Champat Rai, told a `Meet the Press` programme here.
"If we say that VHP initiated the Ram Mandir agitation
then we would be disrespecting the whole society but...of
course VHP was one of the organisations which forced the
government to open the lock of Ram mandir at Ayodhya in 1984,"
VHP as one of the parties to the dispute also won the
court case on Ram Mandir, he said, adding but "we should not
sit idle and wait for the government to do something.
Sarkarein hamesha court ke chakkar mein rahanti
hain...sarkarein yehin karna chahati hain" (the government
would like to keep the matter pending before the court).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog