VHP favours "Hindutvavadi" Parliament
Allahabad: Asserting the Ram Janmabhoomi dispute could be resolved only by Parliament and not by a court of law, the VHP on Friday said it would initiate efforts at the Maha Kumbh here to ensure that those sensitive towards the sentiments of Hindus were elected to it in a large number.
"The proposed construction of a temple of Lord Rama at Ayodhya has hit a deadlock due to legal tangles. The VHP has always believed this is an issue that can be resolved only by Parliament and not by a court of law," Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Ashok Singhal told reporters here.
"We need a Hindutvavadi Sansad wherein elected members are sensitive towards the sentiments of Hindus," he said.
"We will initiate efforts towards achieving the goal of a Hindutvavadi Sansad at the ongoing Maha Kumbh next week," the VHP leader said.
"We will seek to ensure that those sensitive towards the Hindu cause are elected to Parliament in a sufficiently large number", he said.
A meeting of the Kendriya Margdarshak Mandal (Central Advisory Council) would take place on February 06 which would be followed by a Dharm Sansad and Sant Mahasammelan a day later, Singhal said.
Sangh Parivar leaders and religious heads would chalk out a strategy to safeguard the "interest of Hindu community" at these meetings, he said.
On possible projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Singhal quipped "this is BJP`s internal matter".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'