VHP flays Centre over proposed India-Pakistan talks
Jammu: The state unit of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Friday flayed the Centre for going ahead with the proposed diplomatic talks with Pakistan in the wake of the twin terror attacks in Jammu region.
"Time and again such attacks take place. Continued infiltration on the borders is taking place but our worthy leaders are always busy holding peaceful talks with Pakistan," VHP state president Ramakant Dubey told reporters here.
"Both the central and the state government should wake up from their deep slumber and reply the enemy in the way it deserves," VHP state president Ramakant Dubey said here.
Policy of "tit-for-tat" is the only reply, he said.
VHP paid tributes to those who lost their lives in yesterday`s twin attacks in Hiranagar and Samba.
Dressed in Army fatigues, terrorists stormed a police station and then an Army camp killing 10 people, including an Army officer in twin `fidayeen` attacks, after they sneaked in from across the border yesterday.
After attending a Summit meeting with President Barack Obama in Washington, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will travel to New York where he would address the UN General Assembly on Saturday. He is expected to meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on September 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow