VHP has no political agenda: Pravin Togadia
Nagpur: Stating that they were not backing any political party or individual, Vishwa Hindu Parishad International Working President Pravin Togadia has asked people to vote for candidates with a clean slate and stature in Lok Sabha elections.
"VHP has no political agenda and the organisation is not supporting anyone. We are with those who are credible and committed to protect the interests of millions of Hindus," he said.
He said parties are forgetting the core issues of Ram temple, common civil code, Article 370 and cow slaughter and felt that people should check past performance of candidates as well as the parties before electing them.
"People should select only those who have honoured their commitments and are honest," the VHP leader told PTI.
Criticising the formation of Minority Development Corporation by the UPA with a financial allocation of Rs 700 crore, he question its propriety and said that the majority population (Hindus) is deprived of such privileges.
"No one thinks of millions of Hindus living in poor conditions," he charged.
"Are there not any poor Hindu students who also deserve financial assistance for studies," he asked.
Evading a direct answer on his `strained` relations with Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s PM nominee Narendra Modi, Togadia said since he is a VHP leader, his views are not separate from his party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard