VHP hits out at UPA govt
Allahabad: Smarting under the reported
confessional statement of Swami Aseemanand about involvement
of Hindu groups in terror strikes, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad
today hit out at the UPA government at the Centre charging it
with running a calumnious campaign against Hindu leaders.
"We are of the view that Swami Aseemanand has made no
such confession," VHP International Secretary General Praveen
Togadia told reporters here.
"The ruling UPA has launched a calumnious campaign
against revered Hindu leaders," he said.
"The report of Swami Aseemanand`s purported confession
about the involvement of Hindu radicals in blasts at Malegaon,
Ajmer and Hyderabad and in the Samjhauta Express train is part
of a conspiracy to defame Hindus in the eyes of the world.
"The country is being ruled by a government which
has no qualms about shielding people like Afzal Guru who was
involved in the audacious attack on Parliament," Togadia said.
The man was awarded death penalty but the government
was dragging its feet on the matter, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley