VHP launches 3G mobile version of VHTV
Chennai: As part of its efforts in reaching out
to the Hindu community, VHP today launched here the 3G mobile
version of VHTV, its web TV, earlier launched in September.
The new facility along with a high-tech web studio that
will enable live telecast of various programmes, was jointly
launched by Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi, VHP
International president Ashok Singhal and Janata Party
president Subamanian Swamy.
On the launch of the mobile version, Singhal said the
initiative was aimed at spreading the efforts of the VHP and
RSS, as "lot of misinformation was being spread" about the
Sangh parivar. "There is a need to show our real nature of
work as a lot of misinformation is being spread about VHP and
RSS," Singhal said.
Speaking on the newly launched facility, Shyam, the
brain behind the initiative, said VHTV, presently available
only on the internet platform, had a variety of programmes
including temple rituals besides talks by various
While the service had been extended to 3G mobile phones
today, it would be expanded to other phones equipped with
internet later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video