VHP launches 3G mobile version of VHTV
Chennai: As part of its efforts in reaching out
to the Hindu community, VHP today launched here the 3G mobile
version of VHTV, its web TV, earlier launched in September.
The new facility along with a high-tech web studio that
will enable live telecast of various programmes, was jointly
launched by Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi, VHP
International president Ashok Singhal and Janata Party
president Subamanian Swamy.
On the launch of the mobile version, Singhal said the
initiative was aimed at spreading the efforts of the VHP and
RSS, as "lot of misinformation was being spread" about the
Sangh parivar. "There is a need to show our real nature of
work as a lot of misinformation is being spread about VHP and
RSS," Singhal said.
Speaking on the newly launched facility, Shyam, the
brain behind the initiative, said VHTV, presently available
only on the internet platform, had a variety of programmes
including temple rituals besides talks by various
While the service had been extended to 3G mobile phones
today, it would be expanded to other phones equipped with
internet later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'