VHP launches web TV
Chennai: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Sunday launched a web TV which it said aims at propagating Hinduism as a tolerant religion that preaches love and not hatred, as being portrayed by "certain quarters".
The web tv -- www.vhtv.in -- which was launched by VHP International president Ashok Singhal, would be fully functional by Diwali, Shyam, who heads the project, told reporters here.
He said the web tv would have sections to attract youths, pages on Hinduism and the true interpretation of its values.
Explaining the need for such a venture, Singhal said there were attempts from "some quarters" to portray Hinduism as `violent` and intolerant.
Responding to a question, he said VHP was not "distancing itself" from the BJP for the Maharashtra Assembly polls and described such reports as "absolutely incorrect."
Asked whether VHP would extend support to the BJP, Singhal retorted "what is this question?" Without elaborating. Answering a query on the infighting in BJP, Singhal said he had never asked L K Advani to give up leadership.
Objecting to some proposed hydel power projects by the Centre on the Ganga river in Uttarakhand, Singhal said this should be stopped or "Ganga will die in a few months". Instead many micro projects could be taken up.
On Chinese incursions into Indian territory and ceasefire violations by Pakistan, Singhal charged the Centre with failing to protect the borders and said it was "afraid of taking action".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!