VHP launches web TV
Chennai: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Sunday launched a web TV which it said aims at propagating Hinduism as a tolerant religion that preaches love and not hatred, as being portrayed by "certain quarters".
The web tv -- www.vhtv.in -- which was launched by VHP International president Ashok Singhal, would be fully functional by Diwali, Shyam, who heads the project, told reporters here.
He said the web tv would have sections to attract youths, pages on Hinduism and the true interpretation of its values.
Explaining the need for such a venture, Singhal said there were attempts from "some quarters" to portray Hinduism as `violent` and intolerant.
Responding to a question, he said VHP was not "distancing itself" from the BJP for the Maharashtra Assembly polls and described such reports as "absolutely incorrect."
Asked whether VHP would extend support to the BJP, Singhal retorted "what is this question?" Without elaborating. Answering a query on the infighting in BJP, Singhal said he had never asked L K Advani to give up leadership.
Objecting to some proposed hydel power projects by the Centre on the Ganga river in Uttarakhand, Singhal said this should be stopped or "Ganga will die in a few months". Instead many micro projects could be taken up.
On Chinese incursions into Indian territory and ceasefire violations by Pakistan, Singhal charged the Centre with failing to protect the borders and said it was "afraid of taking action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin