VHP launches web TV
Chennai: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Sunday launched a web TV which it said aims at propagating Hinduism as a tolerant religion that preaches love and not hatred, as being portrayed by "certain quarters".
The web tv -- www.vhtv.in -- which was launched by VHP International president Ashok Singhal, would be fully functional by Diwali, Shyam, who heads the project, told reporters here.
He said the web tv would have sections to attract youths, pages on Hinduism and the true interpretation of its values.
Explaining the need for such a venture, Singhal said there were attempts from "some quarters" to portray Hinduism as `violent` and intolerant.
Responding to a question, he said VHP was not "distancing itself" from the BJP for the Maharashtra Assembly polls and described such reports as "absolutely incorrect."
Asked whether VHP would extend support to the BJP, Singhal retorted "what is this question?" Without elaborating. Answering a query on the infighting in BJP, Singhal said he had never asked L K Advani to give up leadership.
Objecting to some proposed hydel power projects by the Centre on the Ganga river in Uttarakhand, Singhal said this should be stopped or "Ganga will die in a few months". Instead many micro projects could be taken up.
On Chinese incursions into Indian territory and ceasefire violations by Pakistan, Singhal charged the Centre with failing to protect the borders and said it was "afraid of taking action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared