VHP not to allow construction of mosque at disputed site
Ayodhya: Asserting that Ayodhya is the birthplace of Lord Ram, the VHP on Friday said it would not allow the construction of a new mosque at the disputed site.
"We believe that Ayodhya is the birthplace of Lord Ram and will not allow construction of any new mosque there. There is no question of it," VHP general secretary Praveen Togadia said addressing a congregation of Sadhus and activists associated with the outfit here this evening.
"A grand Ram temple will be constructed over the entire 67 acres of land acquired by the Union government," the firebrand leader said.
Togadia also announced that the VHP will soon launch a `Hanumat Shakti Yatra` in villages and cities across the country to garner support for the construction of a temple at
the disputed site in Ayodhya.
However, he did not specify the date when the yatra will begin.
Targeting Union Home Minister P Chidambram for his saffron terror remark, Togadia said he saw a bomb behind every saffron cloth.
Endorsing Togadia`s views, senior VHP leader and president of Ram Janambhumi Trust Mahant Nritya Gopal Das mentioned Mohammad Ali Jinnah`s two-nation theory which says Hindus and Muslims cannot co-exist due to cultural and religious differences and said, "it is all like Jinnah, we believe that a temple and Mosque cannot co-exist, so we will not allow any Mosque near the Ram temple."
He also asked Muslims to stop raising the demand for a mosque in Ayodhya and cooperate in the construction of a Ram temple there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi