VHP opposes minority quota in Lokpal
New Delhi: Terming it as a "backdoor
provision" to appease the minorities, the VHP today slammed
the government`s proposal to grant quota to minorities in
"Constitution does not allow religion-based reservations.
To woo Muslims and capture their vote bank through such an
anti-constitutional move is strongly opposed by VHP," the
organisation`s international working president Pravin Togadia
He said such reservation through "backdoor provision" in
the Lokpal Bill is the "dirtiest conspiracy" to set precedence
to amend the Constitution for religion-based reservations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'