VHP opposes minority quota in Lokpal
New Delhi: Terming it as a "backdoor
provision" to appease the minorities, the VHP today slammed
the government`s proposal to grant quota to minorities in
"Constitution does not allow religion-based reservations.
To woo Muslims and capture their vote bank through such an
anti-constitutional move is strongly opposed by VHP," the
organisation`s international working president Pravin Togadia
He said such reservation through "backdoor provision" in
the Lokpal Bill is the "dirtiest conspiracy" to set precedence
to amend the Constitution for religion-based reservations.
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls