VHP opposes minority quota in Lokpal
New Delhi: Terming it as a "backdoor
provision" to appease the minorities, the VHP today slammed
the government`s proposal to grant quota to minorities in
"Constitution does not allow religion-based reservations.
To woo Muslims and capture their vote bank through such an
anti-constitutional move is strongly opposed by VHP," the
organisation`s international working president Pravin Togadia
He said such reservation through "backdoor provision" in
the Lokpal Bill is the "dirtiest conspiracy" to set precedence
to amend the Constitution for religion-based reservations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview