VHP organises rally, demands Afzal`s hanging
New Delhi: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) led a rally here Sunday demanding parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s hanging.
"He attacked not our Parliament but our conscience and self-respect. He should have been hanged the day he was caught," said Surendra Jain, VHP`s national spokesperson.
The rally was held in Tilak Nagar area of the capital. Protesters carried placards and banners demanding Afzal Guru`s hanging.
Mahavir Rana, 28, a protester from Janakpuri, said: "Is the government blind and deaf? Can`t it see the pain of those who lost their loved ones on that fateful day. How can they (government) be so insensitive?"
The rally culminated with the burning of Afzal Guru`s effigy in Tilak Nagar`s main market.
Afzal Guru was sentenced to death for his role in the Dec 13, 2001, attack on parliament. He has filed a mercy petition with the president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown