VHP plans `90s like agitation for Ram temple, says Togadia
Ramnathi: The Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) is planning an aggressive nation-wide agitation similar to the one held in mid-1990s for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya, senior group leader Pravin Togadia said on Friday.
A three-day high-profile conference of the highest board of trustees of the VHP, which began here on Friday, will decide on the details of the agitation for the temple to be built in the disputed 67 acres of land in Ayodhya, he said.
Speaking to reporters at the Ramnathi temple complex 40 km from Panaji, Togadia, VHP`s international general secretary, pointed out that the agitation will be a show of strength to force the Indian Parliament to pass the legislation to hand over the land in Ayodhya.
The conference of international trustees and governing council of the VHP will also deliberate on issues related to propagation of Hinduism, countering Christian missionary movements and the contentious issue of Hindu terror, Togadia said.
"We will deliberate as to when to launch the Hanuman Shakti Jagran process, which will start the final democratic struggle towards the creation of the Ramjanmabhoomi temple. The movement will reach a fervour similar to what we saw in the mid-90s," he claimed.
"The VHP is not party to any court case. We are not satisfied with building a temple spread over 35 feet. We want to construct a temple spread over the entire 67 acres in Ayodya," he said.
"The government should fulfil the promises it has given in an affidavit that if the court gives a verdict in favour of the Ramjanmabhoomi temple, then the entire complex would be handed over for construction of the temple," Togadia said.
The three-day meeting in Goa is being attended by over 250 top ranking delegates, including international president Ashok Singhal and international working president S Vedantam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy