VHP seeks ban on Congress
New Delhi: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Friday moved
the Election Commission seeking a ban on Congress and its
leaders for allegedly wooing voters in the name of religion
A delegation of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) met the
Election Commission to thank it for holding the implementation
of sub-quota reservation in the five election-bound states.
The delegation headed by its vice president Om Prakash
Singhal said they have asked the EC to ban Congress for wooing
Muslim voters and "for dividing the country on religious
"We have appealed EC to ban Congress and stop its leaders
from wooing voters in the name of religion and caste," the
After meeting the EC, the media chief of VHP Delhi said
that they had also brought to the notice of the poll body
regarding different statements of Congress leaders on Batla
House encounter and increase in Muslim quota in their election
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?