VHP slams Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Rajkot: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday criticised Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` remark and sought an apology from him.
The Home Minister should apologise for "insulting" Hindu sentiment. If Chidambaram fails to do so, the Prime Minister should drop him from the Cabinet, VHP International
General Secretary Praveen Togadia said here.
Talking to reporters here after flagging a `sobha yatra` to celebrate Janamasthami, he expressed the VHP`s commitment to build a grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
"It is VHP`s determination to build a Ram Temple at Ayodhya. The Parishad will not allow anyone to construct a masjid there," Togadia asserted.
Gujarat Finance Minister Vajubhai Wala and MP Vijay Rupani also took part in the yatra organised by the VHP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP