VHP slams Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Rajkot: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday criticised Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` remark and sought an apology from him.
The Home Minister should apologise for "insulting" Hindu sentiment. If Chidambaram fails to do so, the Prime Minister should drop him from the Cabinet, VHP International
General Secretary Praveen Togadia said here.
Talking to reporters here after flagging a `sobha yatra` to celebrate Janamasthami, he expressed the VHP`s commitment to build a grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
"It is VHP`s determination to build a Ram Temple at Ayodhya. The Parishad will not allow anyone to construct a masjid there," Togadia asserted.
Gujarat Finance Minister Vajubhai Wala and MP Vijay Rupani also took part in the yatra organised by the VHP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan