VHP slams Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Rajkot: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday criticised Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` remark and sought an apology from him.
The Home Minister should apologise for "insulting" Hindu sentiment. If Chidambaram fails to do so, the Prime Minister should drop him from the Cabinet, VHP International
General Secretary Praveen Togadia said here.
Talking to reporters here after flagging a `sobha yatra` to celebrate Janamasthami, he expressed the VHP`s commitment to build a grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
"It is VHP`s determination to build a Ram Temple at Ayodhya. The Parishad will not allow anyone to construct a masjid there," Togadia asserted.
Gujarat Finance Minister Vajubhai Wala and MP Vijay Rupani also took part in the yatra organised by the VHP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok