VHP slams Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Rajkot: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday criticised Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` remark and sought an apology from him.
The Home Minister should apologise for "insulting" Hindu sentiment. If Chidambaram fails to do so, the Prime Minister should drop him from the Cabinet, VHP International
General Secretary Praveen Togadia said here.
Talking to reporters here after flagging a `sobha yatra` to celebrate Janamasthami, he expressed the VHP`s commitment to build a grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
"It is VHP`s determination to build a Ram Temple at Ayodhya. The Parishad will not allow anyone to construct a masjid there," Togadia asserted.
Gujarat Finance Minister Vajubhai Wala and MP Vijay Rupani also took part in the yatra organised by the VHP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed