VHP slams Chidambaram over `saffron terror` remark
Rajkot: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday criticised Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` remark and sought an apology from him.
The Home Minister should apologise for "insulting" Hindu sentiment. If Chidambaram fails to do so, the Prime Minister should drop him from the Cabinet, VHP International
General Secretary Praveen Togadia said here.
Talking to reporters here after flagging a `sobha yatra` to celebrate Janamasthami, he expressed the VHP`s commitment to build a grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
"It is VHP`s determination to build a Ram Temple at Ayodhya. The Parishad will not allow anyone to construct a masjid there," Togadia asserted.
Gujarat Finance Minister Vajubhai Wala and MP Vijay Rupani also took part in the yatra organised by the VHP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16