VHP to celebrate 50 years of its inception, says Togadia
Vadodara: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) is planning to organise programmes at the taluka and village level to celebrate 50 years of its inception in August, its international working president Pravin Togadia said here today.
Addressing VHP workers at Godhra about 60 km from here, Togadia said, "The Vishwa Hindu Parishad will launch a new movement called `Hindu Ahead, for Hindu Security and Prosperity`, which aims to reach out to Hindus in villages, towns, cities and tribal areas".
The event will be organised by invoking the issue of the "insecure Hindu," Togadia said. "To protect and prosper, Hindus themselves have to gear up, by becoming true practicing Hindus, aware Hindus and active Hindus, while state governments and central governments must protect Hindu interests," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions