VHP to celebrate 50 years of its inception, says Togadia
Vadodara: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) is planning to organise programmes at the taluka and village level to celebrate 50 years of its inception in August, its international working president Pravin Togadia said here today.
Addressing VHP workers at Godhra about 60 km from here, Togadia said, "The Vishwa Hindu Parishad will launch a new movement called `Hindu Ahead, for Hindu Security and Prosperity`, which aims to reach out to Hindus in villages, towns, cities and tribal areas".
The event will be organised by invoking the issue of the "insecure Hindu," Togadia said. "To protect and prosper, Hindus themselves have to gear up, by becoming true practicing Hindus, aware Hindus and active Hindus, while state governments and central governments must protect Hindu interests," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city