VHP to launch agitation against minority sub-quota
Nagpur: Criticising the Union Cabinet`s move
to provide a sub-quota of 4.5 per cent for minorities within
the 27 per cent reservation for OBCs, VHP leader Pravin
Togadia today announced a nation-wide agitation to demand its
Calling as "unconstitutional" the religion-based
reservations, Togadia, the VHP International President, told
reporters here that UPA was "blatantly violating the Indian
Constitution with an eye on the vote-bank".
"UPA wants to deprive the majority OBCs of their
legitimate dues by pampering the minorities," he alleged and
warned that it (UPA) would face the wrath of the majority in
the upcoming polls.
He said VHP would mobilise "one crore youths" for the
`Hindu Roti, Shiksha Bachao` agitation, which would continue
till all the reservations granted to the minorities were
"VHP is raising this issue to polarise the electorate in
Uttar Pradesh and is championing the cause to maintain the
unity of the majority as well as the constitutional rights,"
While addressing a rally in Yavatmal district yesterday,
the VHP leader urged people to post letters to the Prime
Minister, demanding withdrawal of the Cabinet decision and
asked them to organize mass-awareness campaigns in front of
the residences of political leaders.
He also demanded that those who indulge in cow slaughter
be "hanged in public".
"In India, we worship cow and want to maintain its dignity
as `Mother God`. However, the cow is mercilessly slaughtered
here. Therefore, we want a total ban on it through a legislation.
If anyone violates the law, he should be hanged
publicly," Togadia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!