VHP to launch agitation against minority sub-quota
Nagpur: Criticising the Union Cabinet`s move
to provide a sub-quota of 4.5 per cent for minorities within
the 27 per cent reservation for OBCs, VHP leader Pravin
Togadia today announced a nation-wide agitation to demand its
Calling as "unconstitutional" the religion-based
reservations, Togadia, the VHP International President, told
reporters here that UPA was "blatantly violating the Indian
Constitution with an eye on the vote-bank".
"UPA wants to deprive the majority OBCs of their
legitimate dues by pampering the minorities," he alleged and
warned that it (UPA) would face the wrath of the majority in
the upcoming polls.
He said VHP would mobilise "one crore youths" for the
`Hindu Roti, Shiksha Bachao` agitation, which would continue
till all the reservations granted to the minorities were
"VHP is raising this issue to polarise the electorate in
Uttar Pradesh and is championing the cause to maintain the
unity of the majority as well as the constitutional rights,"
While addressing a rally in Yavatmal district yesterday,
the VHP leader urged people to post letters to the Prime
Minister, demanding withdrawal of the Cabinet decision and
asked them to organize mass-awareness campaigns in front of
the residences of political leaders.
He also demanded that those who indulge in cow slaughter
be "hanged in public".
"In India, we worship cow and want to maintain its dignity
as `Mother God`. However, the cow is mercilessly slaughtered
here. Therefore, we want a total ban on it through a legislation.
If anyone violates the law, he should be hanged
publicly," Togadia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach