VHP to launch agitation against minority sub-quota
Nagpur: Criticising the Union Cabinet`s move
to provide a sub-quota of 4.5 per cent for minorities within
the 27 per cent reservation for OBCs, VHP leader Pravin
Togadia today announced a nation-wide agitation to demand its
Calling as "unconstitutional" the religion-based
reservations, Togadia, the VHP International President, told
reporters here that UPA was "blatantly violating the Indian
Constitution with an eye on the vote-bank".
"UPA wants to deprive the majority OBCs of their
legitimate dues by pampering the minorities," he alleged and
warned that it (UPA) would face the wrath of the majority in
the upcoming polls.
He said VHP would mobilise "one crore youths" for the
`Hindu Roti, Shiksha Bachao` agitation, which would continue
till all the reservations granted to the minorities were
"VHP is raising this issue to polarise the electorate in
Uttar Pradesh and is championing the cause to maintain the
unity of the majority as well as the constitutional rights,"
While addressing a rally in Yavatmal district yesterday,
the VHP leader urged people to post letters to the Prime
Minister, demanding withdrawal of the Cabinet decision and
asked them to organize mass-awareness campaigns in front of
the residences of political leaders.
He also demanded that those who indulge in cow slaughter
be "hanged in public".
"In India, we worship cow and want to maintain its dignity
as `Mother God`. However, the cow is mercilessly slaughtered
here. Therefore, we want a total ban on it through a legislation.
If anyone violates the law, he should be hanged
publicly," Togadia said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram