VHP to launch stir for Ram temple
Kanpur: Pressing for its demand for the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Thursday said it will launch a `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama`, starting August 25.
"If the government fails to enact a law for the construction of Ram Mandir at Ayodhya in this monsoon session of the Parliament, the VHP will launch a massive campaign," Prakash Sharma, national spokesperson of VHP, said here today.
"The first phase of the campaign will start on August 25 when the VHP and its supporting organisations will hold `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama`," he said.
"The parikrama will start from Basti district and end in Ayodhya on September 13. Thousands of sadhus will participate in it," he said.
The 252 km-long walk will cover Ambedkar Nagar, Faizabad, Barabanki and Gonda districts, Sharma said, adding that the VHP will hold a bigger protest in October if the government did not pay heed to its demands even after the `parikrama`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`