VHP to organise campaign on the Ram Mandir issue
Mumbai: VHP president Ashok Singhal today
said his party will organise a public awareness campaign,
covering two lakh villages in the country, from August 16 to
November 15, on the Ram temple issue.
The decision was taken at VHP executive committee
meeting at Ayodhya earlier this month, the Hanumant Shakti
Jagran Samiti convenor, Vyanktesh Aabdeo, said.
Singhal also demanded for a legislation for early
construction of the temple.
"I do not expect a clear-cut verdict and the dispute
will go to the Supreme Court. Parliament will have to enact a
law to facilitate early construction of a grand mandir," he
Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court is to
deliver its verdict in the Ram mandir case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre