VHP to protest against proposed Muslim quota
Kochi: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Friday said it
plans to hold a massive nationwide agitation to protest the
Centre`s proposed move to provide reservations to Muslims from within the 27% OBC quota.
"This is being made with an eye on the political vote bank," VHP Internaional General secretary Praveen Togadia told reporters here.
A resolution against religion based reservation was passed
unanimously at the three-day VHP All India Board of Trustees
and Governing council meeting which began here today.
"Religion based reservations have already been given in
some states like Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and West
Bengal and we demand that it should be withdrawn immediately,"
the resolution said.
Criticising Union law minister Salman Kurshid, who
recently stated there is a proposal to provide six per cent
reservation for Muslims from 27 per cent reservation for OBC,
he said VHP would oppose the move `totally and completely`.
This move would further enhance demand by Muslims and
Christians to give them reservations in all fields like
education, jobs, loans and exemptions from various rules, he
Already, the Ranganathan commission has said Muslims and
Christians should be included in SC reservations.
VHP strongly opposes religion based reservations to
Muslims or Christians in any form from the OBC, SC, ST or open
category now given by the Union Government, he said, adding
Constitution does not provide religion based reservation and
those demanding the same should be prosecuted.
"We are finalising an action plan for a massive all India
agitation to protect our jobs, our democratic rights and our
reservation. We will protect reservation of OBC, SC/ST
communities," he said and appealed to all Hindus to come
together to defeat the Muslim and Christian vote bank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader