‘Vibrations from Airport Express Metro can be dangerous`
New Delhi: Vibrations emanating from Delhi Airport Express Metro line can prove to be dangerous and the government has written a letter in this regard to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
This information was shared in the Rajya Sabha today by Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi in response to a member`s question.
"Vibration felt, in block 4 - House number 655 and Block 14 - House number 810 in phase I and Block 27 - House number 1037 in Phase II of Baba Kharak Singh Marg. In this regard a letter has been written to Chief Manager of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)," she said.
"The conditions of the houses were precarious and repair work of staircase and roofs have already been carried out. Vibrations can be dangerous."
Dasmunshi also said that complaints were received from residents of the colony and letters were written to Chief Manager DMRC on November 2011, February 2012 and October 2012.
"DMRC vide their letter dated 3.10.2012 has intimated that the location of train cross has been changed from the vicinity of occupied houses, so that the vibrations can be reduced," she said.
In response to another question, Dasmunshi said that the Register Cooperative Societies of Delhi government had issued notice for winding up to 57 cooperative house building societies where all plots had been alloted to members and the societies had achieved their objectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened