‘Vibrations from Airport Express Metro can be dangerous`
New Delhi: Vibrations emanating from Delhi Airport Express Metro line can prove to be dangerous and the government has written a letter in this regard to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
This information was shared in the Rajya Sabha today by Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi in response to a member`s question.
"Vibration felt, in block 4 - House number 655 and Block 14 - House number 810 in phase I and Block 27 - House number 1037 in Phase II of Baba Kharak Singh Marg. In this regard a letter has been written to Chief Manager of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)," she said.
"The conditions of the houses were precarious and repair work of staircase and roofs have already been carried out. Vibrations can be dangerous."
Dasmunshi also said that complaints were received from residents of the colony and letters were written to Chief Manager DMRC on November 2011, February 2012 and October 2012.
"DMRC vide their letter dated 3.10.2012 has intimated that the location of train cross has been changed from the vicinity of occupied houses, so that the vibrations can be reduced," she said.
In response to another question, Dasmunshi said that the Register Cooperative Societies of Delhi government had issued notice for winding up to 57 cooperative house building societies where all plots had been alloted to members and the societies had achieved their objectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency