Vice Adm Dhowan takes over as Navy Vice-Chief
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Robin Dhowan on Wednesday took over as the Vice-Chief of Navy following retirement of
Vice Admiral D K Deewan after 38 years of service.
Dhowan, who served as Deputy Chief of the Navy, is an
alumnus of the National Defence Academy.
He has undergone various courses in India and abroad,
including the Sea Harrier Direction course at Yeovilton, UK
and the Naval Command Course at Naval War College, Rhode
Dhowan has held various important staff appointments at
naval headquarters, which include Deputy Director Naval
Operations, Joint Director Naval Plans and as Assistant Chief
of the Naval Staff (Policy and Plans), Integrated
Headquarters, Ministry of Defence.
He also commanded the Eastern Fleet as Flag Officer
Commanding Eastern Fleet, one of the two operational fleet of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi