Vice Adm Dhowan takes over as Navy Vice-Chief
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Robin Dhowan on Wednesday took over as the Vice-Chief of Navy following retirement of
Vice Admiral D K Deewan after 38 years of service.
Dhowan, who served as Deputy Chief of the Navy, is an
alumnus of the National Defence Academy.
He has undergone various courses in India and abroad,
including the Sea Harrier Direction course at Yeovilton, UK
and the Naval Command Course at Naval War College, Rhode
Dhowan has held various important staff appointments at
naval headquarters, which include Deputy Director Naval
Operations, Joint Director Naval Plans and as Assistant Chief
of the Naval Staff (Policy and Plans), Integrated
Headquarters, Ministry of Defence.
He also commanded the Eastern Fleet as Flag Officer
Commanding Eastern Fleet, one of the two operational fleet of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery