Vice Admiral Chatterjee appointed DCNS
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Pradeep K Chatterjee, a veteran submariner, was on Tuesday appointed Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (DCNS) succeeding Vice Admiral Satish Soni who will now move to head the Kochi-based Southern Naval Command.
Commissioned into the submarine arm of Navy in January 1977, Chatterjee has commanded Shishumar class submarines such as the INS Shankush and Shankul.
His ship command include the training vessel INS Krishna and guided missile destroyer INS Rajput.
Chatterjee`s appointment has come at a time when the Indian Navy has inducted nuclear attack submarine INS Chakra and is in the process of inducting the indigenously built nuclear submarine INS Arihant, Navy officials said.
He has also held various staff appointments including Commodore Commanding Submarine (West), Principle Director Submarine Operation and Principal Director Submarine Acquisition (PDSMAQ) at the Naval Headquarters.
"In the Flag rank, he has held the posts of Flag Officer Submarines (FOSM) at Visakhapatnam, Flag Officer Maharashtra and Gujarat Naval Area (FOMAG) at Mumbai, and Inspector General Nuclear Safety (IGNS) at Naval Headquarters," said the officials.
Chatterjee is an alumnus of the Defence Service Staff College at Wellington, the College of Naval Warfare, Mumbai and the National Defence College here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days