Vice Admiral Chatterjee appointed DCNS
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Pradeep K Chatterjee, a veteran submariner, was on Tuesday appointed Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (DCNS) succeeding Vice Admiral Satish Soni who will now move to head the Kochi-based Southern Naval Command.
Commissioned into the submarine arm of Navy in January 1977, Chatterjee has commanded Shishumar class submarines such as the INS Shankush and Shankul.
His ship command include the training vessel INS Krishna and guided missile destroyer INS Rajput.
Chatterjee`s appointment has come at a time when the Indian Navy has inducted nuclear attack submarine INS Chakra and is in the process of inducting the indigenously built nuclear submarine INS Arihant, Navy officials said.
He has also held various staff appointments including Commodore Commanding Submarine (West), Principle Director Submarine Operation and Principal Director Submarine Acquisition (PDSMAQ) at the Naval Headquarters.
"In the Flag rank, he has held the posts of Flag Officer Submarines (FOSM) at Visakhapatnam, Flag Officer Maharashtra and Gujarat Naval Area (FOMAG) at Mumbai, and Inspector General Nuclear Safety (IGNS) at Naval Headquarters," said the officials.
Chatterjee is an alumnus of the Defence Service Staff College at Wellington, the College of Naval Warfare, Mumbai and the National Defence College here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi