Vice Admiral Joshi takes charge as Western Naval Commander
Mumbai: Vice Admiral D K Joshi on Saturday took
charge as the chief of the Western Naval Command headquartered
in the metropolis.
He succeeded Vice Admiral Sanjeev Bhasin, who retired
from the Navy after four decades of illustrious service.
"A specialist in anti-submarine Warfare, Vice Admiral
D K Joshi assumed Command of the Western Naval Command at a
ceremonial parade at `INS Shikra` here," said Defence
Assistant PRO Narendrakumar Vispute.
Joshi has commanded the guided-missile corvette
`Kuthar`, Guided-Missile Destroyer `Ranvir` and the aircraft
He is a graduate of the Naval War College, USA, an
alumnus of the College of Naval Warfare, Mumbai, and the
prestigious National Defence College, New Delhi, Vispute
Joshi has held several important staff appointments.
His last two appointments were as Commander-in-Chief of
Andaman & Nicobar Command (CINCAN) and Chief of Integrated
Defence Staff to Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC), he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati