Vice Admiral Joshi takes charge as Western Naval Commander
Mumbai: Vice Admiral D K Joshi on Saturday took
charge as the chief of the Western Naval Command headquartered
in the metropolis.
He succeeded Vice Admiral Sanjeev Bhasin, who retired
from the Navy after four decades of illustrious service.
"A specialist in anti-submarine Warfare, Vice Admiral
D K Joshi assumed Command of the Western Naval Command at a
ceremonial parade at `INS Shikra` here," said Defence
Assistant PRO Narendrakumar Vispute.
Joshi has commanded the guided-missile corvette
`Kuthar`, Guided-Missile Destroyer `Ranvir` and the aircraft
He is a graduate of the Naval War College, USA, an
alumnus of the College of Naval Warfare, Mumbai, and the
prestigious National Defence College, New Delhi, Vispute
Joshi has held several important staff appointments.
His last two appointments were as Commander-in-Chief of
Andaman & Nicobar Command (CINCAN) and Chief of Integrated
Defence Staff to Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC), he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS