Vice Admiral Satish Soni pays tributes on Navy Day
Kochi: Eminent personalities from various walks of life joined Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command, in paying floral tributes at the War Memorial at the Naval Base here on Navy Day on Tuesday.
Prominent among them were Kochi Mayor Tony Chammany and Lieutenant General (Retd) Thomas Mathew, Administrative Member, Armed Forces Tribunal.
A group of Navy men and students of Navy Children School rendered patriotic songs on the occasion.
Navy day is celebrated every year on December 4 commemorating the attack by Indian missile boats on Karachi harbor during the 1971 war.
Other programmes of the Navy Day have been cancelled as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister, I K Gujral, who passed away a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works