Vice Admiral Satish Soni pays tributes on Navy Day
Kochi: Eminent personalities from various walks of life joined Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command, in paying floral tributes at the War Memorial at the Naval Base here on Navy Day on Tuesday.
Prominent among them were Kochi Mayor Tony Chammany and Lieutenant General (Retd) Thomas Mathew, Administrative Member, Armed Forces Tribunal.
A group of Navy men and students of Navy Children School rendered patriotic songs on the occasion.
Navy day is celebrated every year on December 4 commemorating the attack by Indian missile boats on Karachi harbor during the 1971 war.
Other programmes of the Navy Day have been cancelled as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister, I K Gujral, who passed away a few days ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani