Vice Admiral Satish Soni pays tributes on Navy Day
Kochi: Eminent personalities from various walks of life joined Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command, in paying floral tributes at the War Memorial at the Naval Base here on Navy Day on Tuesday.
Prominent among them were Kochi Mayor Tony Chammany and Lieutenant General (Retd) Thomas Mathew, Administrative Member, Armed Forces Tribunal.
A group of Navy men and students of Navy Children School rendered patriotic songs on the occasion.
Navy day is celebrated every year on December 4 commemorating the attack by Indian missile boats on Karachi harbor during the 1971 war.
Other programmes of the Navy Day have been cancelled as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister, I K Gujral, who passed away a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row