Vice Admiral Satish Soni pays tributes on Navy Day
Kochi: Eminent personalities from various walks of life joined Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command, in paying floral tributes at the War Memorial at the Naval Base here on Navy Day on Tuesday.
Prominent among them were Kochi Mayor Tony Chammany and Lieutenant General (Retd) Thomas Mathew, Administrative Member, Armed Forces Tribunal.
A group of Navy men and students of Navy Children School rendered patriotic songs on the occasion.
Navy day is celebrated every year on December 4 commemorating the attack by Indian missile boats on Karachi harbor during the 1971 war.
Other programmes of the Navy Day have been cancelled as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister, I K Gujral, who passed away a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US