Vice Admiral Satish Soni pays tributes on Navy Day
Kochi: Eminent personalities from various walks of life joined Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command, in paying floral tributes at the War Memorial at the Naval Base here on Navy Day on Tuesday.
Prominent among them were Kochi Mayor Tony Chammany and Lieutenant General (Retd) Thomas Mathew, Administrative Member, Armed Forces Tribunal.
A group of Navy men and students of Navy Children School rendered patriotic songs on the occasion.
Navy day is celebrated every year on December 4 commemorating the attack by Indian missile boats on Karachi harbor during the 1971 war.
Other programmes of the Navy Day have been cancelled as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister, I K Gujral, who passed away a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'