Vice Admiral Shekhar Sinha new IDS Chief
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Shekhar Sinha, an ace
naval aviator, has been appointed Chief of the Integrated
Defence Staff (CISC), almost two months after the top
tri-services post fell vacant.
Sinha`s name for the post was cleared today by the
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, Defence Ministry
officials said here.
The Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) is a tri-services
organisation headed in turns by Lt Gen-rank officers from the
three services and this time, it was Navy`s turn.
The previous CISC, Vice Admiral D K Joshi, took over as
the Western Naval Command chief at Mumbai on April 30 and
since then, the post was lying vacant, with Sinha being the
He was till now holding the charge of the Deputy CISC.
The Defence Ministry had sent the case for appointment of
the CISC to the Law Ministry, which gave its opinion that
Sinha should be given the charge of the tri-services
organisation, official sources said.
A veteran qualified flying instructor, Sinha has flown
different types of aircraft in his career spanning close to
four decades. The Vice Admiral has also commanded various
ships and naval air stations in his career.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources
- UK bows to pressure, will accept Syrian children from Europe
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why