Vice Admiral Sushil takes charge of South Naval Command
Kochi: Vice Admiral KN Sushil on Monday took
over as Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Southern Naval
Command from Vice Admiral SK Damle, who retired today.
On arrival for the ceremonial parade, Vice Admiral Sushil
was received by Vice Admiral Damle.
He inspected a 50 man guard of honour with President`s
colours and the 18 platoons on parade commmanded by Commander
Sai Ram Balaji, while the Navy band played the marching
tunes, a Naval press release said.
Vice Admiral Sushil was introduced to the Flag Officers
and Commanding Officers of ships and establishments of the
command after which the outgoing Commander in Chief took the
salute as the platoons advanced in `Review Order`.
Vice Admiral Sushil also placed a wreath at the war
memorial before proceeding to the headquarters, SNC.
Commissioned into the Indian Navy in 1973, Vice Admiral
Sushil joined the submarine arm in 1976.
He was part of the commissioning crew of the German built
SSK submarine INS Shankush as Executive Officer and
subsequently commissioned the first indigenously built SSK
submarine INS Shalki as its Commmanding Officer.
He commanded the first frontline destroyers INS Ranvijay
and INS Delhi.
Prior to taking over his present appointment, Vice
Admiral Sushil was the Indian Navy`s first Inspector General
of Nuclear Safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price