Vice Admiral`s guard commits suicide
New Delhi: A guard posted outside the residence here of Vice Admiral Shekhar Sinha, chief of the Integrated Defence Staff, shot himself dead with his own gun Monday, police said.
Bhoomappa, 27, who hailed from Karnataka, shot himself around 3.25 p.m. Police have not recovered any suicide note.
He was on duty at the 8 Akbar Road official residence of Sinha when the incident took place, said a police official.
"We got a call around 3.30 p.m. and rushed to the spot. We found a man lying in a pool of blood. He was rushed to the Armed Forces Clinic where doctors declared him dead," said Tughlaq Road police station chief Madan Gopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31