Vice-President Hamid Ansari condoles SP leader`s death
New Delhi: Condoling the death of Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh, Vice-President Hamid Ansari on Sunday said he was a "committed socialist and an outstanding Parliamentarian who was deeply attached to the issues of interest and concern to the common people".
Senior SP leader and Rajya Sabha member Singh passed away at AIIMS today after a prolonged battle with cancer.
In his message, Ansari said, "Singh had a long and distinguished career in public life during which he served, with distinction, as Member of Parliament, in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha; and Member of Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council in his home state of Uttar Pradesh."
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family. I pray to the Almighty to give them strength and fortitude to bear this loss," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves