Vice-President Hamid Ansari condoles SP leader`s death
New Delhi: Condoling the death of Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh, Vice-President Hamid Ansari on Sunday said he was a "committed socialist and an outstanding Parliamentarian who was deeply attached to the issues of interest and concern to the common people".
Senior SP leader and Rajya Sabha member Singh passed away at AIIMS today after a prolonged battle with cancer.
In his message, Ansari said, "Singh had a long and distinguished career in public life during which he served, with distinction, as Member of Parliament, in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha; and Member of Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council in his home state of Uttar Pradesh."
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family. I pray to the Almighty to give them strength and fortitude to bear this loss," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred