Vice-President Hamid Ansari condoles SP leader`s death
New Delhi: Condoling the death of Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh, Vice-President Hamid Ansari on Sunday said he was a "committed socialist and an outstanding Parliamentarian who was deeply attached to the issues of interest and concern to the common people".
Senior SP leader and Rajya Sabha member Singh passed away at AIIMS today after a prolonged battle with cancer.
In his message, Ansari said, "Singh had a long and distinguished career in public life during which he served, with distinction, as Member of Parliament, in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha; and Member of Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council in his home state of Uttar Pradesh."
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family. I pray to the Almighty to give them strength and fortitude to bear this loss," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state