Vice-President Hamid Ansari condoles SP leader`s death
New Delhi: Condoling the death of Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh, Vice-President Hamid Ansari on Sunday said he was a "committed socialist and an outstanding Parliamentarian who was deeply attached to the issues of interest and concern to the common people".
Senior SP leader and Rajya Sabha member Singh passed away at AIIMS today after a prolonged battle with cancer.
In his message, Ansari said, "Singh had a long and distinguished career in public life during which he served, with distinction, as Member of Parliament, in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha; and Member of Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council in his home state of Uttar Pradesh."
"I convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family. I pray to the Almighty to give them strength and fortitude to bear this loss," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended