Vice President Hamid Ansari turns 76
New Delhi: Greetings poured in for Vice President Hamid Ansari who turned 76 on Monday.
It was a low key affair for Ansari who received a bouquet from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur drove down the the Vice President`s residence to wish him a long and healthy life.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi also spoke to Ansari by the phone to extend birthday greetings.
Ansari was re-elected as Vice President in August last year after completing his first five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus