Vice President Hamid Ansari turns 76
New Delhi: Greetings poured in for Vice President Hamid Ansari who turned 76 on Monday.
It was a low key affair for Ansari who received a bouquet from President Pranab Mukherjee.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur drove down the the Vice President`s residence to wish him a long and healthy life.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi also spoke to Ansari by the phone to extend birthday greetings.
Ansari was re-elected as Vice President in August last year after completing his first five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof