Vice-President returns home after Czech Republic tour
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari arrived here on Saturday after his six-day two nation tour of Czech Republic and Croatia during which several bilateral agreements
During his first leg of the tour to Czech Republic,
India signed three pacts that include one on social security
which will protect interests of around 700 Indians working in
the European nation.
The agreement on Social Security and Administrative
Arrangement was signed by Minister of State for Communication
and Information Technology Sachin Pilot, who was accompanying
Ansari, and Czech Minister of Labour and Social Affairs.
Under the Social Security Agreement with Czech
Republic, citizens working in either country for less than
five years would be exempted from social security
Around 600 to 700 Indians are working in Czech
Republic whose interests will be protected through this
The other two agreements signed by India and Czech
Republic were on Economic Cooperation and Protocol on
Amendment of the Agreement between India and Czech Republic
for the Promotion and Protection of Investments signed on
October 11, 1996.
During his two-day tour to Croatia, two agreements
were signed for bilateral cooperations in areas of health,
medicine and culture.
Agreement on Cooperation on Health and Medicine covers
areas of cooperation in the field of mother and child health,
family planning, public health and nursing, medical research,
medical equipment and pharmaceutical products, hospital
management, standards and curriculum of medical education.
Cooperation in these areas will be made possible
through exchange of information, exchange of delegations, and
training and deputation of experts to international meetings
held in India and Croatia.
Under the cultural exchange programme, India and
Croatia will cooperate for exchange of experts to enhance
practical, mutually beneficial issues.
The programme provides for a contemporary Indian art
exhibition and an Indian miniature paintings exhibition to be
held in Croatia, while a contemporary Croatian art exhibition
and an exhibition of Croatian cultural heritage will be held
Since Croatia has a strong tradition of Indology,
the programme provides for enhanced engagement in this area.
The programme also provides for encouraging
performing arts and organisation of film festivals in both
Secretary (West) in the Ministry of External Affairs
Vivek Katju described the visit as "great success" as both the
nations pledged their support for India`s bid for a permanent
membership in the United Nations Security Council and a
non-permanent membership in the UNSC for 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’