Victorian Police Commissioner suggestion outlandish: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday described as "ridiculous
and outlandish" a top Australian police officer`s suggestion
that Indians living there should look visibly poor and said
some strong measures should be taken by the government to send
across a message.
"The statement made by the Victorian Police Commissioner is
ridiculous and outlandish. With a deep sense of pain and
concern BJP would like to ask whether Australia as a nation
subscribes to such statements which has undoubtedly shaken up
the international community," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap
Police Commissioner of Victoria, Simon Overland has advised
Indian students living in Australia to keep a low
profile and "try to look as poor as you can" to avoid attacks.
Rudy wondered if the Australian law and order system had
"collapsed completely" compelling the authorities there to
make such "bizarre remarks".
He lamented that throughout this crisis where several
Indians living in Australia have been attacked, the response
of the Indian Government has been extremely "lackadaisical and
Another BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar maintained that
some elements in Australia "look at Indians living there with
"They have racist tendencies. India needs to take some
strong measures to send across a message," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`