Videograph postmortem of Jaitapur victim: Shiv Sena
Ratnagiri: Shiv Sena which on Tuesday observed
a bandh in coastal Ratnagiri district over death of one person
in police firing at Jaitapur, has demanded that postmortem of
the victim be videographed.
Shiv Sena leaders Gajanan Kirtikar along with MLAs
Bharat Gogawale, Sadanand Chavan, Parshuram Uparkar today
demanded after meeting SP and Collector that postmortem of
Tavrez Sejkar be videographed and conducted in presence of
members of `Manvadhikar Sameeti.`
The leaders also demanded immediate suspension and
slapping of section 302 of IPC on Circle officer Ajit Pawar
who gave shooting orders yesterday, they claimed.
Earlier, the bandh turned violent with protesters
opposing the passage of the proposed 9900 MW Nuclear Power
Plant in Jaitapur pelted stones on the building of Ratnagiri
civil hospital where dead body of Tavrez is kept for
postmortem besides setting some state transport buses on fire.
Relatives of Tavrez, who was yesterday killed in
police firing at Sakhrinate village when around 600-700 locals
protesting against the project attacked the local police
station, have refused to take possession of his body.
The Jaitapur nuclear power project with six nuclear
reactors of 1,650 MW each would be one of the largest N-power
projects in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees