Vietnam Defence Minister arrives in India
New Delhi: Vietnam`s Deputy Defence Minister Lt Gen Do Ba Ty, arrived here on Tuesday to strengthen defence relations between the two neighbouring nations.
Lt Gen Do Ba Ty was accorded a ceremonial reception.
His visit aimed to increase trust and build bridges for the future between the two neighbours.
India and Vietnam cooperate closely in various regional forums such as ASEAN, East Asia Summit, Mekong-Ganga Cooperation and Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM).
Bilateral relations between India and Vietnam have been friendly and cordial since their foundations were laid by the country`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and Vietnamese President Ho Chi Minh more than 50 years ago.
In recent times, political ties have strengthened as reflected in several high level visits by leaders from both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next