Vietnam President in India on maiden visit
Bangalore: Vietnam President Truong Tan Sang
arrived here on Tuesday on a maiden four-day visit to India aimed
at deepening strategic and defence ties with New Delhi.
Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj is slated to host a lunch
in his honour at Raj Bhavan.
Sang is scheduled to visit the headquarters of IT major
Infosys Ltd at Electronic City on the outskirts of the city.
He will leave for New Delhi in the afternoon.
"This visit takes place in the context that the time-
honoured traditional friendship and strategic partnership
between Vietnam and India are witnessing strong growth in all
areas for the sake of peace, stability, co-operation and
development," Sang said in Vietnam`s capital Hanoi.
"We note with satisfaction the fine developments of the
strategic partnership between the two countries in all areas,
including security and defence," he had said.
The trade volume between the two countries reached more
than USD 2.7 billion in 2010 and nearly USD 1.8 billion in the
first six months of the calendar year 2011. The two sides have
agreed to increase it to USD seven billion by 2015, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?