Vietnam President in India on maiden visit
Bangalore: Vietnam President Truong Tan Sang
arrived here on Tuesday on a maiden four-day visit to India aimed
at deepening strategic and defence ties with New Delhi.
Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj is slated to host a lunch
in his honour at Raj Bhavan.
Sang is scheduled to visit the headquarters of IT major
Infosys Ltd at Electronic City on the outskirts of the city.
He will leave for New Delhi in the afternoon.
"This visit takes place in the context that the time-
honoured traditional friendship and strategic partnership
between Vietnam and India are witnessing strong growth in all
areas for the sake of peace, stability, co-operation and
development," Sang said in Vietnam`s capital Hanoi.
"We note with satisfaction the fine developments of the
strategic partnership between the two countries in all areas,
including security and defence," he had said.
The trade volume between the two countries reached more
than USD 2.7 billion in 2010 and nearly USD 1.8 billion in the
first six months of the calendar year 2011. The two sides have
agreed to increase it to USD seven billion by 2015, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say