Vietnam President in India on maiden visit
Bangalore: Vietnam President Truong Tan Sang
arrived here on Tuesday on a maiden four-day visit to India aimed
at deepening strategic and defence ties with New Delhi.
Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj is slated to host a lunch
in his honour at Raj Bhavan.
Sang is scheduled to visit the headquarters of IT major
Infosys Ltd at Electronic City on the outskirts of the city.
He will leave for New Delhi in the afternoon.
"This visit takes place in the context that the time-
honoured traditional friendship and strategic partnership
between Vietnam and India are witnessing strong growth in all
areas for the sake of peace, stability, co-operation and
development," Sang said in Vietnam`s capital Hanoi.
"We note with satisfaction the fine developments of the
strategic partnership between the two countries in all areas,
including security and defence," he had said.
The trade volume between the two countries reached more
than USD 2.7 billion in 2010 and nearly USD 1.8 billion in the
first six months of the calendar year 2011. The two sides have
agreed to increase it to USD seven billion by 2015, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH