Vietnam President in India on maiden visit
Bangalore: Vietnam President Truong Tan Sang
arrived here on Tuesday on a maiden four-day visit to India aimed
at deepening strategic and defence ties with New Delhi.
Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj is slated to host a lunch
in his honour at Raj Bhavan.
Sang is scheduled to visit the headquarters of IT major
Infosys Ltd at Electronic City on the outskirts of the city.
He will leave for New Delhi in the afternoon.
"This visit takes place in the context that the time-
honoured traditional friendship and strategic partnership
between Vietnam and India are witnessing strong growth in all
areas for the sake of peace, stability, co-operation and
development," Sang said in Vietnam`s capital Hanoi.
"We note with satisfaction the fine developments of the
strategic partnership between the two countries in all areas,
including security and defence," he had said.
The trade volume between the two countries reached more
than USD 2.7 billion in 2010 and nearly USD 1.8 billion in the
first six months of the calendar year 2011. The two sides have
agreed to increase it to USD seven billion by 2015, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof