Vigil increased on India-Bangladesh border
Kolkata: With General Elections to be held in Bangladesh on Sunday, the Border Security Force has stepped up vigil on this side of the border to prevent miscreants from crossing over to India.
"We have increased the manpower in the entire stretch of the Indo-Bangla border. Senior BSF officers are camping in the bordering areas to keep a watch. Security has been tightened, but as of now things are normal on the Indo-Bangla border," ADG (East) BD Sharma told a news agency.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, recently met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on border security in view of the polls in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred