Vigil increased on India-Bangladesh border
Kolkata: With General Elections to be held in Bangladesh on Sunday, the Border Security Force has stepped up vigil on this side of the border to prevent miscreants from crossing over to India.
"We have increased the manpower in the entire stretch of the Indo-Bangla border. Senior BSF officers are camping in the bordering areas to keep a watch. Security has been tightened, but as of now things are normal on the Indo-Bangla border," ADG (East) BD Sharma told a news agency.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, recently met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on border security in view of the polls in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?