Vigil increased on India-Bangladesh border
Kolkata: With General Elections to be held in Bangladesh on Sunday, the Border Security Force has stepped up vigil on this side of the border to prevent miscreants from crossing over to India.
"We have increased the manpower in the entire stretch of the Indo-Bangla border. Senior BSF officers are camping in the bordering areas to keep a watch. Security has been tightened, but as of now things are normal on the Indo-Bangla border," ADG (East) BD Sharma told a news agency.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, recently met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on border security in view of the polls in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state