Vijendra Gupta appointed President of Delhi BJP
New Delhi: Vijendra Gupta, the councillor
from Rohini, was tonight appointed as the President of BJP`s
Delhi unit to succeed O P Kohli.
45-year-old Gupta`s name was agreed on after a series of
meetings among the party leaders including L K Advani, Nitin
Gadkari, Arun Jaitley, Ananth Kumar, Ram Lal and Thavarchand
A three-time councillor from Rohini, Gupta had
unsuccessfully contested against HRD Minister Kapil Sibal from
Chandni Chowk constituency in 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
Former union minister Vijay Goel was also in the race
to head the party`s Delhi unit.
Sources said the BJP leaders also discussed work
allocation for the party`s newly-appointed General
Secretaries, Secretaries and other office bearers. Former
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhra Raje also attended the
meeting at Gadkari`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?