Vilasrao Deshmukh continues to be stable; PM briefed
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was on Thursday briefed about the condition of his ailing cabinet colleague Vilasrao Deshmukh, stated to be stable at a hospital here where he is undergoing treatment for serious liver illness.
Deshmukh`s son Amit Deshmukh, a member of Maharashtra Assembly, briefed the Prime Minister about the treatment being extended to the 67-year old Science and Technology Minister at the Global Hospitals, sources in the hospital said.
"He is stable," the sources said declining to reveal any further information about Deshmukh, who was admitted to the hospital in critical condition on Monday evening and counties to be under observation.
Deshmukh was brought here in an air ambulance for a possible liver transplant but the doctors have made it clear that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, state Health Minister V S Vijay and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh were among those who visited the hospital to inquire about the health of the former Maharashtra chief minister.
Singh told reporters that Deshmukh`s family members told him that his condition was far better than it was in Mumbai where he underwent a brief treatment at the Breach Candy hospital.
"I think he will get fine," Singh said.
A team doctors of several specialties, including noted liver transplant surgeon Dr Mohamed Rela, are treating Deshmukh, who is on life-support systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India