Vilasrao Deshmukh critically ill, on life support
Chennai: Ailing Union Science and Technology Minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh was on Monday evening air lifted to Chennai from here after his condition worsened.
Deshmukh had been undergoing treatment at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai for the past one week. He had been diagnosed with cirrhosis of liver and both his kidneys were dysfunctional.
His condition had worsened and doctors had to put the minister on life support yesterday, following which a decision was taken to shift him to Chennai in an air ambulance.
Doctors at Chennai’s Global Health City super-speciality hospital say they would carry out liver transplant once Deshmukh’s condition stabilizes.
Currently, the minister on ventilator support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win