Vilasrao Deshmukh critically ill, on life support
Chennai: Ailing Union Science and Technology Minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh was on Monday evening air lifted to Chennai from here after his condition worsened.
Deshmukh had been undergoing treatment at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai for the past one week. He had been diagnosed with cirrhosis of liver and both his kidneys were dysfunctional.
His condition had worsened and doctors had to put the minister on life support yesterday, following which a decision was taken to shift him to Chennai in an air ambulance.
Doctors at Chennai’s Global Health City super-speciality hospital say they would carry out liver transplant once Deshmukh’s condition stabilizes.
Currently, the minister on ventilator support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'