Village head moves court against Amitabh Bachchan, others
Barabanki: Head of Daulatpur village
has moved a district court here seeking permission to file
case against megastar Amitabh Bachchan and five others over
delay in starting work on setting up a college named after
Gram pradhan Raj Kumari moved the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate (CJM) yesterday for filing case against
Bachchan senior and others.
The court would take up the matter on May 31.
In the application filed on her behalf by her son, the
village chief alleged that Bachchan had cheated the people by
announcing setting up of Aishwariya Rai Bachchan Mahavidyalay
in the village where no work has started even after lapse of
The cinestar had purchased 16 bighas of land in
Daulatpur village in Fatehpur tehsil of the district in two
phases in 2006 and 2007 and had announced setting up of a
college in the name of his actress daughter-in-law.
The foundation laying ceremony and a public meeting
was also held there in 2008 in the presence of the Bachchan
family, Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav and
expelled SP leader Amar Singh.
According to the complainant, works on the college as
per the announcement had to be carried out by Nishtha
foundation of expelled SP MP Jaya Prada but "Whenever we
contacted Devendra Rai of the foundation he threatened us".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing