Village rejoices Rafi’s 87th birth anniversary
Amritsar: A statue of legendary Bollywood
singer Mohammed Rafi was unveiled in his ancestral village
Kotla Sultan Singh to celebrate his 87th birth anniversary.
Noted Punjab singers including Dolly Guleria and Shanker
Sahni paid tribute to Rafi by singing his famous songs.
The Government School of Kotla Sultan Singh, where Rafi
studied upto fourth standard, organised the festivities.
Rafi was sent to Lahore while he was still a child and
while working in his uncle`s barber shop, Rafi met director of
Nishad studio of Lahore who gave him his first break.
A memorial children park was also inaugurated in the
Born on December 24, 1924, Rafi is considered among one
of the finest playback singers India ever had. In a career
spanning four decades the singer sung more than 7000 Hindi
film songs and continues to be a favourite in all generations
with his golden voice.
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen