Vini Steel got a favourable report once sold to Koda`s aide
New Delhi: The BJP government did not recommend the case of Vini Iron and Steel Udyog Limited for the allocation of coal block but the change of regime under Madhu Koda saw the company getting the block after being purchased by his aide.
The company, which is one of the accused in the CBI FIRs in coal block allocation scam, was set up by Tulsyan Group in 2004 and was allotted Rajhara North coal block in Jharkhand, in 2008, CBI sources said.
They claimed that in the probe, they have found some documents related to screening committee meeting where the company`s request for allocation of coal block was rejected because of negative recommendation from the state government headed by Arjun Munda.
The government was changed in September 2006 and Koda became the Chief Minister in Jharkhand. Within two years, the company was sold to Vijay Joshi, an alleged close aide of Madhu Koda, sources said.
Soon after the company ownership changed, the state government allegedly gave a favourable recommendation which was considered by the screening committee and it was allotted coal block Rajhara North coal block in November, they said.
Koda had resigned from the post in August.
"I have sold the company five months before coal block allocations. I was not be the beneficiary allottee. My only fault was that I was the applicant for coal blocks.
"Because of Naxal problem we were not able to run the company, so when Vijay Joshi, who was close aide of former Chief Minister Madhu Koda, approached us with a good offer, we sold the company to him. At the time coal block allocation, the company was already with Joshi," Vaibhav Tulsyan, named in the CBI FIR, had told a news agency.
He said at the time of selling the company, he did not know who Joshi was.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'