Vini Steel got a favourable report once sold to Koda`s aide
New Delhi: The BJP government did not recommend the case of Vini Iron and Steel Udyog Limited for the allocation of coal block but the change of regime under Madhu Koda saw the company getting the block after being purchased by his aide.
The company, which is one of the accused in the CBI FIRs in coal block allocation scam, was set up by Tulsyan Group in 2004 and was allotted Rajhara North coal block in Jharkhand, in 2008, CBI sources said.
They claimed that in the probe, they have found some documents related to screening committee meeting where the company`s request for allocation of coal block was rejected because of negative recommendation from the state government headed by Arjun Munda.
The government was changed in September 2006 and Koda became the Chief Minister in Jharkhand. Within two years, the company was sold to Vijay Joshi, an alleged close aide of Madhu Koda, sources said.
Soon after the company ownership changed, the state government allegedly gave a favourable recommendation which was considered by the screening committee and it was allotted coal block Rajhara North coal block in November, they said.
Koda had resigned from the post in August.
"I have sold the company five months before coal block allocations. I was not be the beneficiary allottee. My only fault was that I was the applicant for coal blocks.
"Because of Naxal problem we were not able to run the company, so when Vijay Joshi, who was close aide of former Chief Minister Madhu Koda, approached us with a good offer, we sold the company to him. At the time coal block allocation, the company was already with Joshi," Vaibhav Tulsyan, named in the CBI FIR, had told a news agency.
He said at the time of selling the company, he did not know who Joshi was.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister