Vini Steel got a favourable report once sold to Koda`s aide
New Delhi: The BJP government did not recommend the case of Vini Iron and Steel Udyog Limited for the allocation of coal block but the change of regime under Madhu Koda saw the company getting the block after being purchased by his aide.
The company, which is one of the accused in the CBI FIRs in coal block allocation scam, was set up by Tulsyan Group in 2004 and was allotted Rajhara North coal block in Jharkhand, in 2008, CBI sources said.
They claimed that in the probe, they have found some documents related to screening committee meeting where the company`s request for allocation of coal block was rejected because of negative recommendation from the state government headed by Arjun Munda.
The government was changed in September 2006 and Koda became the Chief Minister in Jharkhand. Within two years, the company was sold to Vijay Joshi, an alleged close aide of Madhu Koda, sources said.
Soon after the company ownership changed, the state government allegedly gave a favourable recommendation which was considered by the screening committee and it was allotted coal block Rajhara North coal block in November, they said.
Koda had resigned from the post in August.
"I have sold the company five months before coal block allocations. I was not be the beneficiary allottee. My only fault was that I was the applicant for coal blocks.
"Because of Naxal problem we were not able to run the company, so when Vijay Joshi, who was close aide of former Chief Minister Madhu Koda, approached us with a good offer, we sold the company to him. At the time coal block allocation, the company was already with Joshi," Vaibhav Tulsyan, named in the CBI FIR, had told a news agency.
He said at the time of selling the company, he did not know who Joshi was.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata