Violence continues to mar Telangana stir; 250 TRS men held
Hyderabad: About 250 TRS workers were
arrested today across Telangana region as they resorted to
violent acts during their agitation for statehood, police
The agitators damaged or burnt 12 private and public
vehicles and properties in various incidents, they said.
Pro-Telangana students damaged two trucks of CRPF and
a vehicle of state police in the Osmania University campus
About 15 TRS activists attacked a public transport
vehicle at Ameerpet and set afire a government vehicle at
Qutbullapur in the city, police said.
The TRS workers set afire a Panchayat office at
Golanukonda in Nalgonda district and hurled stones at Mandal
Parishad Development Offices (MPDO) in Warangal and Nalgonda
districts, they said.
They also set on fire the Sri Ram Sagar Project office
at Arepally village in Warangal, besides ransacking furniture
at another government office in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah