Violence in Maharashtra`s Dhule over Facebook post
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Mumbai: Less than a month after the Pune incident, violence erupted in Dhule after a derogatory post on Facebook got circulated in the town.
The derogatory image which first emerged on Faceebook was later circulated via WhatsApp leading to violence in Devpur area of the city that left four policemen injured. 25 people have been taken into custody for the violence that also saw a mob pelting stones at state transport buses.
Police said the situation was now under control.
The 28-year-old techie Mohsin Shaikh was killed by a violent mob on June 2 in Pune following surfacing of a Facebook post denigrating King Shivaji and late Bal Thackeray.
23 persons, including Hindu Rashtra Sena chief Dhananjay Desai, have been arrested
in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter