Virbhadra Singh threatens to sue Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s remark against MPs came back to haunt him Sunday as union minister Virbhadra Singh threatened to sue him while Congress MP Jagdambika Pal served a privilege notice against the activist.
In a letter dated March 27, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra Singh referred to Kejriwal`s list of 14 ministers, including him, against whom the activist demanded investigation for corruption charges.
The Congress leader said that one of the allegations against him was that he was filmed demanding bribe from a government officer.
"I dare you to produce any such film before you demand any action against me," wrote Virbhadra Singh.
"I therefore suggest that you tender an unconditional apology for maligning my name and levelling incorrect allegations, failing which I will be constrained to consider legal action against you," he added.
Jagdambika Pal, Lok Sabha MP from Domariyaganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh, in his letter to Speaker Meira Kumar alleged that Kejriwal`s remarks "demeaned the institution of parliament, its custodian and its members".
"The absurdity, venom, character assassination of parliament and its members, casts reflection on them," wrote the Congress MP.
"Baseless charges have been levelled by Shri Arvind Kejriwal against the union ministers, the members of the house, labelling them as criminals and even questioning the proceedings of the house," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof