Virbhadra Singh threatens to sue Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s remark against MPs came back to haunt him Sunday as union minister Virbhadra Singh threatened to sue him while Congress MP Jagdambika Pal served a privilege notice against the activist.
In a letter dated March 27, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra Singh referred to Kejriwal`s list of 14 ministers, including him, against whom the activist demanded investigation for corruption charges.
The Congress leader said that one of the allegations against him was that he was filmed demanding bribe from a government officer.
"I dare you to produce any such film before you demand any action against me," wrote Virbhadra Singh.
"I therefore suggest that you tender an unconditional apology for maligning my name and levelling incorrect allegations, failing which I will be constrained to consider legal action against you," he added.
Jagdambika Pal, Lok Sabha MP from Domariyaganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh, in his letter to Speaker Meira Kumar alleged that Kejriwal`s remarks "demeaned the institution of parliament, its custodian and its members".
"The absurdity, venom, character assassination of parliament and its members, casts reflection on them," wrote the Congress MP.
"Baseless charges have been levelled by Shri Arvind Kejriwal against the union ministers, the members of the house, labelling them as criminals and even questioning the proceedings of the house," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference