Virbhadra Singh threatens to sue Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s remark against MPs came back to haunt him Sunday as union minister Virbhadra Singh threatened to sue him while Congress MP Jagdambika Pal served a privilege notice against the activist.
In a letter dated March 27, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra Singh referred to Kejriwal`s list of 14 ministers, including him, against whom the activist demanded investigation for corruption charges.
The Congress leader said that one of the allegations against him was that he was filmed demanding bribe from a government officer.
"I dare you to produce any such film before you demand any action against me," wrote Virbhadra Singh.
"I therefore suggest that you tender an unconditional apology for maligning my name and levelling incorrect allegations, failing which I will be constrained to consider legal action against you," he added.
Jagdambika Pal, Lok Sabha MP from Domariyaganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh, in his letter to Speaker Meira Kumar alleged that Kejriwal`s remarks "demeaned the institution of parliament, its custodian and its members".
"The absurdity, venom, character assassination of parliament and its members, casts reflection on them," wrote the Congress MP.
"Baseless charges have been levelled by Shri Arvind Kejriwal against the union ministers, the members of the house, labelling them as criminals and even questioning the proceedings of the house," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon