Virbhadra Singh threatens to sue Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s remark against MPs came back to haunt him Sunday as union minister Virbhadra Singh threatened to sue him while Congress MP Jagdambika Pal served a privilege notice against the activist.
In a letter dated March 27, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra Singh referred to Kejriwal`s list of 14 ministers, including him, against whom the activist demanded investigation for corruption charges.
The Congress leader said that one of the allegations against him was that he was filmed demanding bribe from a government officer.
"I dare you to produce any such film before you demand any action against me," wrote Virbhadra Singh.
"I therefore suggest that you tender an unconditional apology for maligning my name and levelling incorrect allegations, failing which I will be constrained to consider legal action against you," he added.
Jagdambika Pal, Lok Sabha MP from Domariyaganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh, in his letter to Speaker Meira Kumar alleged that Kejriwal`s remarks "demeaned the institution of parliament, its custodian and its members".
"The absurdity, venom, character assassination of parliament and its members, casts reflection on them," wrote the Congress MP.
"Baseless charges have been levelled by Shri Arvind Kejriwal against the union ministers, the members of the house, labelling them as criminals and even questioning the proceedings of the house," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth