Visa on arrival for Myanmar, Indonesian nationals
New Delhi: In a bid to promote tourism, the
government has decided to extend the visa on arrival scheme to
the citizens of Myanmar and Indonesia.
The scheme is allowed for a maximum validity of 30 days
with single entry facility by the Immigration Officers at
Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports on payment of a
fee of USD 60 or equivalent amount in Indian rupees per
passenger, including children.
India first launched the visa on arrival scheme on
January 1 last year for citizens of five countries -- Japan,
Singapore, Finland, Luxembourg and New Zealand.
Later, the scheme was also extended for the nationals of
Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Philippines.
The scheme is allowed for a maximum of two times in a
calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two months
between each visit. The visa is non-extendable and
non-convertible, an official statement said.
The foreigners of the above mentioned countries may also
avail of the visa on arrival scheme for up to 30 days for
medical treatment, for casual business or to visit friends and
The facility is not applicable to the holders of
diplomatic or official passports. Further, such visa will not
be granted to the foreigners who have permanent residence or
occupation in India. Such persons can visit India on normal
visa, as applicable.
The scheme has been found to be useful by foreign
nationals. Till December last year 6,569 nationals had availed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself