Visa process goes online at UAE Indian missions
Dubai: Indian missions in the UAE on Tuesday started accepting online visa applications making life easier
for many who visit India frequently from the Emirates, a top
diplomat has said.
The Indian missions will stop accepting physical
application forms from January 1 next year, India`s ambassador
to the UAE MK Lokesh announced here on Monday.
Lokesh said the Government of India has taken a decision
to make it mandatory for all applicants to apply for Indian
tourist visa online.
"This system of online application is being rolled out in
a phased manner in all Indian embassies and consulates around
the world. It will be introduced on a voluntary basis in the
UAE with effect from October 18, 2011," he said.
"It will be mandatory from January 1, 2012. During the
transition period, the applicants can continue the use the
current visa forms if they choose to do so," the ambassador
He also said that applicants will have an option to
either submit the application online or approach BLS
International, an outsourced company, to submit visa
application for a nominal fee.
Lokesh clarified that even though online application for
visa processing is outsourced, the processing of a visa
application will take minimum three days.
Indian Consul General in Dubai, Sanjay Verma, also
addressed the media on the occasion.
Missions in the UAE issue between 80,000 to 100,000 visas
to tourists and business visitors from the country to India
and the number of visitors are increasing.
BLS said it will offer appointment scheduling facility
through its website and dedicated phone lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says