Visa racket smashed, five Bangladeshis arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police today claimed to have
smashed a fake visa racket with the arrest of five Bangladeshi
youths who allegedly used to send people abroad using forged
visas of Ecuador.
The arrested have been identified as Ali-Ur-Rehman (26),
Saifual Islam (33), Alam Miyan (30), M Omar Farooq (23) and
Mafezul Islam (30), Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G
S Dhaliwal said.
The arrests came following investigations into a
complaint filed by Embassy of Ecuador that an organised gang
is actively involved in providing fake visas of that country.
On the basis of a tip-off, police first arrested Islam
and Farooq from Vasant Vihar near the Embassy.
Passports Nos B-0895150 and A-0351919 with fake Ecuador
visas affixed on them were recovered from the possession of
Islam and Farooq, respectively.
Their arrest led to the apprehension of others.
During interrogation, it came to light that the accused
used to convince their clients that they would facilitate his
or her entry into the US through Latin American countries like
Ecuador where `Visa on Arrival` facility was available.
"Initially they used to ask the client to pay Rs 2.5
lakh for procuring visa. They further used to convince the
client that they would managed the illegal entry of the client
to the US through the porous US-Mexico border with the help of
their local aides," Dhaliwal said.
It was only after the client gained entry to the US
that this group would accept payment of Rs 20-25 lakh from
the relatives of the person.
This group has been carrying out its activities for
the last two years. Ali-ur-Rehman, a science graduate, has
previously been arrested.
Islam has studied upto B.Com. He came to India for
obtaining visa of Poland but his application was rejected.
After that, he alongwith his friend Farooq contacted one Abdul
Manan and Saiful Islam, who are in the trade of providing fake
visas of Ecuador to send people to USA via Ecuador.
A similar gang was busted by police last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir