Visa racket smashed, five Bangladeshis arrested
New Delhi: Delhi Police today claimed to have
smashed a fake visa racket with the arrest of five Bangladeshi
youths who allegedly used to send people abroad using forged
visas of Ecuador.
The arrested have been identified as Ali-Ur-Rehman (26),
Saifual Islam (33), Alam Miyan (30), M Omar Farooq (23) and
Mafezul Islam (30), Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G
S Dhaliwal said.
The arrests came following investigations into a
complaint filed by Embassy of Ecuador that an organised gang
is actively involved in providing fake visas of that country.
On the basis of a tip-off, police first arrested Islam
and Farooq from Vasant Vihar near the Embassy.
Passports Nos B-0895150 and A-0351919 with fake Ecuador
visas affixed on them were recovered from the possession of
Islam and Farooq, respectively.
Their arrest led to the apprehension of others.
During interrogation, it came to light that the accused
used to convince their clients that they would facilitate his
or her entry into the US through Latin American countries like
Ecuador where `Visa on Arrival` facility was available.
"Initially they used to ask the client to pay Rs 2.5
lakh for procuring visa. They further used to convince the
client that they would managed the illegal entry of the client
to the US through the porous US-Mexico border with the help of
their local aides," Dhaliwal said.
It was only after the client gained entry to the US
that this group would accept payment of Rs 20-25 lakh from
the relatives of the person.
This group has been carrying out its activities for
the last two years. Ali-ur-Rehman, a science graduate, has
previously been arrested.
Islam has studied upto B.Com. He came to India for
obtaining visa of Poland but his application was rejected.
After that, he alongwith his friend Farooq contacted one Abdul
Manan and Saiful Islam, who are in the trade of providing fake
visas of Ecuador to send people to USA via Ecuador.
A similar gang was busted by police last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!