Vishwapati Trivedi takes over as Shipping Secretary
New Delhi: Vishwapati Trivedi, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, on Tuesday took over as the Shipping Secretary succeeding Pradeep Kumar Sinha.
"Vishwapati Trivedi has assumed the charge of Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping. He succeeds Pradeep Kumar Sinha who was appointed as Secretary (Power)," an official statement said.
Before joining Shipping Ministry, Trivedi was heading Inland Waterways Authority of India.
He has also served as Secretary in the department of Social Justice and Empowerment and Mines.
Trivedi has also worked as Special Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Home Affairs among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- WATCH: James Faulkner's BRILLIANT hat-trick vs Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media