Vishwapati Trivedi takes over as Shipping Secretary
New Delhi: Vishwapati Trivedi, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, on Tuesday took over as the Shipping Secretary succeeding Pradeep Kumar Sinha.
"Vishwapati Trivedi has assumed the charge of Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping. He succeeds Pradeep Kumar Sinha who was appointed as Secretary (Power)," an official statement said.
Before joining Shipping Ministry, Trivedi was heading Inland Waterways Authority of India.
He has also served as Secretary in the department of Social Justice and Empowerment and Mines.
Trivedi has also worked as Special Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Home Affairs among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III