Vishwapati Trivedi takes over as Shipping Secretary
New Delhi: Vishwapati Trivedi, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, on Tuesday took over as the Shipping Secretary succeeding Pradeep Kumar Sinha.
"Vishwapati Trivedi has assumed the charge of Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping. He succeeds Pradeep Kumar Sinha who was appointed as Secretary (Power)," an official statement said.
Before joining Shipping Ministry, Trivedi was heading Inland Waterways Authority of India.
He has also served as Secretary in the department of Social Justice and Empowerment and Mines.
Trivedi has also worked as Special Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of Home Affairs among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you