Visit Pakistan, Zardari to tell Manmohan
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari will invite Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to visit Pakistan when the two leaders meet on Sunday, a media report said here.
All issues between the two countries, including Siachen, Sir Creek, visa liberalisation, trade, water and the regional situation, could be discussed when the two leaders meet over lunch in New Delhi, Geo News reported citing diplomatic sources.
An invitation to Manmohan Singh to visit Pakistan will be reiterated in the meeting. Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, during her visit to India in July 2011, had extended an invite to the Indian Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had twice invited his Indian counterpart to visit Pakistan - during the SAARC summit in Maldives in November 2011 and during the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul in March.
In the first presidential visit from Pakistan in the last seven years, Zardari, accompanied by an over 40-member delegation, flies to New Delhi.
Zardari would head straight to the Prime Minister`s official residence at 7 Race Course Road for the one-on-one talks, followed by lunch with senior members of the delegation. He would later fly to Ajmer to offer prayers at the revered shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know