VK Singh seeks Army report on TSD through RTI
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Gurgaon: Former Army chief General VK Singh will be filing an Right to Information on Monday to seek Army report on Technical Support Division (TSD).
Singh was alleged to have set up a special unit in the Army during his tenure to topple Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s government as reported in a daily.
The Army report claimed that Singh had used TSD to tap telephone conversations.
While denying the reports completely, Singh had yesterday called the destabilisation allegations as "motivated and most absurd”. He further added that if TSD was allowed to function properly, the cross border terrorism wouldn’t have existed.
Meanwhile, BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman had said that Singh has been targeted because he shared dais with Narendra Modi.
The Defence Ministry on Saturday admitted to getting the Army report but did not confirm the contents of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read